Monday, February 25, 2013

Mayhem Poets Assembly by Dylan

We were sitting comfortably in our seats watching the Mayhem Poets make us laugh. They were making us laugh more and more every second. At the end they asked some people to come up for a one word poem. It was funny because they sometimes messed up.

After we went back to the classroom everybody was talking about the Mayhem Poets. "Let's do a one word poem," I exclaimed. While we were doing that I noticed that everyone around us was doing it, too. Cool, I thought.

This assembly was very important because it taught us that poetry can be written in more than one way.

Visit the Mayhem Poets website for more info: http://mayhempoets.com/ .

1 comment:

  1. Dylan,

    This sounds amazing! I am totally going to check out their website. I love poetry!

    Is a one-word poem one where everyone gives a word, or is it just one word total? Do you one word --- all on its own --- can be a poem? Hmmm...I'm not sure! What do you think?

    I do love the word "pamplemousse" (French for grapefruit!), so maybe I'd think of that as a poem on its own! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing about the Mayhem Poets!
    Coreen

    PS: I think you're a good descriptive writer!

    ReplyDelete