Friday, October 19, 2012

Writing Celebration by Andrew

This week we had our first writing celebration. We were able to bring in our published stories. Some even had drawings in them! We left our stories on our desk and a piece of paper so that we can give compliments on what we read.

We also had a paper that we could put Golden Lines on. Golden Lines are when we pick out our favorite line and write it on the piece of paper. Our stories were Personal Narratives, true stories from our lives. Some were about sporting events, family events, and special events. This was a great day because we all got to read each of our friends' stories!


(Note from the teachers: The video above was complied by Andrew and shows our pieces being read during our celebration.)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrew!

    I wish I could be there for your Writing Celebration. Thanks for filling me in on it! I love the idea of Golden Lines. I wonder what you did with them after you compiled them?

    Also, I loved the video and the song that went with it. I can picture Mrs. Mills saying "Yahoo!". Can you? :)

    Congrats on great stories!
    Coreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I saw the Golden Lines poster! Did you each write all of your favorite lines on that poster, or did you choose your most favorite? Is it still hanging in the room? I bet it is ;)

    ReplyDelete